This is a 2 in one trip to Malta, beside the sea sun and sand…or rocks reasons to take a flight next week. I can only imagine how the 9th of May would be celebrate in Valletta the cultural capital of Europe for 2018, the European Year of Cultural Heritage. If you have no plans for next week, or no job but lots of money, take a flight to Valletta and enjoy a unique experience, a dive into history and arts. I see Malta more as a cultural destination than a beach holiday, but you can have some scenic cliffs and holes in Gozo.
The price of 74 euros is with Wizzair membership card. I wouldn’t suggest accommodation as there are a lot to choose from according to each one’s budget.
Note that we are not an online tourism agent and do not provide services of any commercial type. We just share what we find and give you suggestions about great destinations in the best periods. Just follow the link to book by yourself.
The European Capitals of Culture initiative is designed to:
- Highlight the richness and diversity of cultures in Europe
- Celebrate the cultural features Europeans share
- Increase European citizens’ sense of belonging to a common cultural area
- Foster the contribution of culture to the development of cities
In addition to this, experience has shown that the event is an excellent opportunity for:
- Regenerating cities
- Raising the international profile of cities;
- Enhancing the image of cities in the eyes of their own inhabitants
- Breathing new life into a city’s culture
- Boosting tourism